Congress Continues to Threaten Ominous Gun Control
Article first appeared at Ammo Land.
Raleigh, NC -(Ammoland.com)- The Battle is Not Over! Weak politicians continue to teeter on your gun rights. . .
Even after a massive outcry from law-abiding Americans demanding that Congress respect their rights, and instead take effective steps to stop terrorism, many US Congressmen and Senators appear ready to cave to dangerous political correctness. Many politicians continue to indicate that they might support new legislation, or a return to failed legislation, such as the prior Clinton assault weapons ban laws. Those laws were repealed because they did nothing to reduce gun crime, and they infringed on the rights of the citizenry.
U.S. Legislators Cannot be Trusted
Senators Schumer, Feinstein and other anti-gun elected officials will still be pushing anti-gun bills and amendments this coming week in the U.S. Congress!
Roy Cooper Joins the Gun Control Frenzy
Thursday, North Carolina’s own Attorney General, Roy Cooper, also spoke up in favor of gun control. One would think someone who has risen to such a position within the boundaries of this country would know a little something about due process and secret government lists. Unfortunately, in the case of Roy Cooper, you’d be wrong.
On Thursday, Cooper bragged that he has proposed that people on the national terrorist watch list not be allowed to buy guns. Click here to read more about Roy Cooper’s Gun Control support.
If there has ever been a time when Americans need to be prepared to protect themselves and their families from the unexpected and unthinkable, this is the time!
Yet, even after the horrific event in Orlando, there’s now talk of a “No Buy List” and Trump and GOP Lawmakers in Washington are opening the door to restricting gun buys for those on a watch list. The problem is that you can be put on the Watch List without ever knowing it and once you’re on there you’ll find it almost impossible to get off the list. Mitch McConnell is opening the door to this as well. He’s announced that the GOP is “open to keeping guns from terrorists” but we have to be careful that sloppy legislation rushed through to appease the anti gun nuts doesn’t restrict the rights of law abiding gun owners. Appeasing noisy protesting anti gun nuts will do nothing to make us safer.
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!
- PHONE YOUR SENATORS AND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE using: 202-224-3121.
- EMAIL YOUR SENATORS AND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE Use the links below, which will connect you to their contact web forms. You can use the copy/paste message under ‘Deliver This Message.’
- Please contact other gun owners to tell them this threat is real, and ask them to take action as well.
U.S. House of Representatives:
- Representative G. K. Butterfield, Jr. (D – 01)
- Representative Renee L. Ellmers (R – 02)
- Representative Walter B. Jones, Jr. (R – 03)
- Representative David Price (D – 04)
- Representative Virginia Foxx (R – 05)
- Representative Mark Walker (R – 06)
- Representative David Rouzer (R – 07)
- Representative Richard Hudson (R – 08)
- Representative Robert Pittenger (R – 09)
- Representative Patrick McHenry (R – 10)
- Representative Mark Meadows (R – 11)
- Representative Alma Adams (D – 12)
- Representative George Holding (R – 13)
DELIVER THIS MESSAGE:
Suggested Subject: “No Gun Control for Law-abiding Voters in Wake of Terrorist Attack!”
Dear (Congressman or Senator):
Many members of the House and the Senate are weakening their previously stated strong promises to gun owners that they will not sponsor or vote for any legislation that would weaken the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. I’m writing you to insist that you not co-sponsor or vote for any knee jerk legislation that is now being suggested in the wake of the Orlando tragedy.
Blaming law-abiding gun owners is wrong. Instead of fixing blame I want you to fix the problem and make Obama answer for his complete failure in the war on terror. The introduction of any legislation to restrict our 2nd Amendment Rights is a depraved attempt to politicize a tragedy that will result in destroying our freedom.
I will be monitoring your actions on this topic through legislative alerts from Grass Roots North Carolina.
As you know, GRNC is an all volunteer force. As such, we are looking for volunteers in a couple of areas:
- Experience in web development to include HTML, CSS & Java Scripting. If interested, contact GRNC President using the following contact form: http://www.grnc.org/contact.
- Solid writing skills, ability to translate legal, political, technical and firearms jargon into layman’s terms and make the public care about the issue. Ability to manipulate HTML style emails on the code level is a nice to have. If interested, please contact GRNC using this e-mail address: [email protected]
If you have these skills, you can help the Second Amendment fight by enhancing and expanding GRNC’s presence, ensuring our message is received broadly in these modern times.
Don’t let your talents go to waste, as you could be the difference between gun-rights advancements and gun-rights losses.
Be the person who says, “I did something!” Instead of the person who says, “I should have done something.”
About Grass Roots North Carolina:
Grass Roots North Carolina is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to preserving the freedoms guaranteed us by the Bill of Rights. Our main focus is the right to keep and bear arms. GRNC was central to drafting and passing North Carolina’s concealed handgun law and since that time has continued to push for improvements to gun laws.