DE: GUN CONTROL IS IMMINENT!
The anti-gun Bills mentioned in previous alerts have all progressed and some will soon be passed without intervention. We need immediate action from our members to try to stop these freedom-stripping bills. Here is a reminder of the bills and where they are at.
- HB 450 is an “assault weapons” ban that would outlaw most semiautomatic firearms. This Bill has passed the House and the Senate, and it will likely be signed by the Governor soon.
- HB 451 bans the purchase and possession of all firearms and ammunition from adults under the age of 21, effectively preventing thousands of adults from defending themselves and their families. This bill has passed the House and will likely be voted on in the Senate on June 28th.
- SB 6/SS 1 will make it a felony to own a magazine that holds more than 17 rounds. This Bill has passed the House and the Senate, and it will likely be signed by the Governor soon.
- SB 302 allows legal action against gun distributors and manufacturers, when someone uses their firearm for evil reasons. This would be like being able to sue car manufacturers for drunk driving accidents. This bill has passed the Senate and will likely be voted on in the House on June 28th.
- SB 8 seeks to outlaw accessories for your gun, such as binary triggers, and to create false terms to allow for future bans. This bill has passed the Senate and will likely be voted on in the House on June 28th.
Make sure you Take Action ASAP! GOA’s legal team is already considering their options but stopping this before court would be ideal.
Article by Michael Csencsits