Minnesota: Help Us Stop Rep. Kahn’s Secret Gun Ban List!
Article first appeared at Ammoland.com
Ammoland – Late last year, Governor Dayton argued that a secret government list should be used to stop YOU from exercising your Second Amendment Rights here in Minnesota.
We thought that we had killed this effort in December after supporters like you generated hundreds of phone calls and emails to the Governor’s office.
Unfortunately, we were wrong.
Yesterday, anti-gun DFL Representative Phyllis Kahn stated on KTLK’s morning show “Up and at ‘Em” that she would introduce a bill in the upcoming legislative session to ban individuals on the secret FBI “Terrorist Watch List” from purchasing firearms in Minnesota.
On the surface, this seems an admirable goal.. until you realize that there’s over a million people on the watch list, and that the list is full of errors, omissions, and mistakes. Even the American Civil Liberties Union believes that the list is out of control.
The list is secret. How one ends up on the list is secret, how one gets removed from the list is secret, the contents of the list are secret. And, in the end, a government official has complete discretion whether or not to add you to the list.
Everything about the list is secret.
The complete lack of due process illustrates why this list cannot be used as a screening factor to prohibit law-abiding Minnesotans from exercising their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.
Can you take a few minutes RIGHT NOW and take the following actions?
- Add your name to our petition to Governor Dayton and Rep. Kahn: We’ll deliver it to the Governor’s office and Rep. Kahn’s office to help add to the public pressure on them both.
- Call the Governor’s Office at 651-201-3400. Tell Governor Dayton that you are opposed to secret government lists being used to keep you from exercising your constitutional rights
- Send an e-mail to Governor Dayton through his on-line contact form.
- Call Representative Kahn at 651-296-4257. Tell Rep. Kahn that you are opposed to secret government lists being used to keep you from exercising your constitutional rights.
- Send an email to Rep. Kahn through this link. In your email, be polite but reiterate your position firmly.
- If you haven’t already joined, please join the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus as a member. Your annual membership of $40 comes with a set of great benefits and discounts from retailers and instructors. Other membership programs are also available.
About Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus:
The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus is a grassroots organization dedicated to protecting and advancing the right of citizens to keep and bear arms. We believe that law-abiding citizens should be able to own and use firearms for all lawful purposes, including self-defense, competition, hunting, and the shooting sports.The Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus is organized as a Minnesota non-profit organization. In December 2015, we were recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(4) social welfare non-profit organization. While we are a non-profit, donations to the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus are not tax deductible.
For more information, visit: www.gunowners.mn.