Recent Attacks Show the “Tolerant” Left is Violently Intolerant
Article first appeared on Ammoland.com
U.S.A.–-(Ammoland.com)- Tolerance means allowing others to think and act in ways with which we disagree. As long as they are not violating your rights, then “tolerance” means hands-off, live and let live. In the last few weeks, we’ve seen Democrats show us how intolerant and violent they are. Unfortunately, the list of violent leftists is long and wide. We have to condemn this violent behavior before violence and retaliation spreads.
This idea that big-government leftists are violent has been at the edge of my awareness for several years. The man who tried to murder Republican congressmen on a baseball field in Alexandria was a dedicated Bernie Sanders supporter. That planted the question, but recent history made the connection to violence clearer.
Here are nine recent examples-
- GOP volunteers were registering voters in Duval County, Florida when a man drove his van over their tent, their signs, their tables and their chairs. The driver backed up and took a picture of the debris. Then, the driver shouted obscenities, gave the stunned victims the middle finger, and drove away. The six volunteers said they were lucky that they had stepped out of the way and were not been crushed. The attacker was charged with two counts of aggravated assault on a person 65 years of age or older and one count of criminal mischief. He is held in jail on a $500,000 bond.
- In New Mexico, a former intern for Democrat Governor Grisham spray painted the state GOP headquarters in Albuquerque. The vandal was charged with criminal damage to property. The estimated costs of repair was between $2,500 to $4,000. The vandal worked for Governor Grisham when she was a congressman. The vandal now works for the state of New Mexico.
- A local volunteer from the business community donated security cameras to the GOP headquarters in Medford, Oregon. This was after the GOP offices had been vandalized several times and police said they had no suspects. When the donation became publicly known, the volunteer was threatened. Callers said they would burn down the volunteer’s house.
- The Republican headquarters in Eureka, California has been vandalized six times in the last two years. The glass windows and doors were smashed. The interior was defaced with paint. The police called it “radom violence” despite the fact that the Democrat headquarters hasn’t been touched. One perpetrator was back out on the street the day after his attack. There are clearly two standards of justice at play.
- We see a similar double standard applied on college campuses. There, using the wrong pronoun is considered assault. In contrast, liberal students at Arizona State University screaming to slit the throats of college Republicans is tolerated as “free speech”.
- That behavior is mild in comparison to the threats received by the Republican candidate for congress in San Francisco. The candidate participated in a city-clean-up event when an Antifa thug said he knew the candidate was racist just by looking at him. The thug said he wanted the candidate dead, and wanted to “fuck him up” when the cameras weren’t around. The attacker was not arrested.
- A black man was called a racist and tackled to the ground for wearing a “black guns matter” t-shirt at a Bernie Sanders rally. The attacker was not charged.
- Demonstrators waving pro-Trump signs were threatened and then assaulted by a man with a sword in Ocala, Florida. In this case, the attacker was arrested and charged with 10 counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and one count of disorderly conduct.
- A construction worker in Florida stabbed his employer to death on a construction site. The victim was attacked for being a Trump supporter while the employee said the government was out to get him. At least this attacker was arrested.
As we long suspected, the power of the state to regulate and tax is the power to control, and American Socialists mean to rule..even if that demands violent oppression of those who disagree with them.
Celebrating diversity means you appreciate our differences. Saying that I can be different as long as I agree with you and do what you tell me to do is fascism, not tolerance. When will American liberals walk-the-talk and leave others alone?
‘In the US, there are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty. They are the soap box in the public square, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.. preferably used in that order.’
We failed to speak up. Let’s hope we can still vote our way to liberty before we have to fight to defend it.
I hope you are registered to vote.
About Rob Morse
The original article with references is here. Rob Morse writes about gun rights at Ammoland, at Clash Daily, and on his SlowFacts blog. He hosts the Self Defense Gun Stories Podcast and co-hosts the Polite Society Podcast. Rob is an NRA pistol instructor and combat handgun competitor.