Virginia Legislature Kills Anti-Gun Rights Bills
Article first appeared at Ammoland.com
Virginia – -(AmmoLand.com)- This week was excellent for Virginia gun owners! That Said, If We Don’t Vote In Good People In September, This Could All Change Next Year.
The antis behaved themselves. Of course, it helped that a Capitol police officer was in the room the whole time to serve as a reminder to keep things civil. Chairman Farris made it clear in his initial remarks that incivility would NOT be tolerated.
Even Richmond Mayor Stoney, with the interim police chief in tow, was there to push gun control.
BIG THANKS TO THE REPUBLICANS, WHO ALL VOTED CORRECTLY: Matt Fariss, Mike Webert, Nick Frietas, and Jeffrey Campbell.
NOTE: Keep Democrat John Bell in your prayers. He had to leave the subcommittee early tonight because of a tragedy within his family. No further information at this time.
Here are the 2019 bills and their status:
- HB 2399, Delegate Lopez, allows police to drag their heels in approving gun purchases. KILLED by a 4 to 1 vote!
- HB 2244, Delegate Sullivan, prohibits the possess or transport a firearm for someone committing a crime that is a MISDEMEANOR. KILLED by a 4 to 1 vote!
- HB 1956, Delegate Toscano, bans guns during a “permitted event.” KILLED by a 4 to 1 vote!
- HB 2479, Delegate Plum, Universal Background Checks. KILLED by a vote of 4 to 1!
- HB 2285, Delegate Hayes, makes it a felony if an someone under 18 gets access to a firearm. KILLED by a vote of 4 to 1!
- HB 2492, Delegate Tran, “assault” firearms that have magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. KILLED by a vote of 3 to 1!
- HB 2604, Delegate Ward, One Handgun a Month bill. KILLED by a vote of 4 to 1!
- HB 2253, Delegate Pogge, makes State Police issue non-resident CHPs in 45 days (currently taking 5 months). PASSED 4 to 2 and heads to full committee Friday morning!
- HB 1763, Delegate Sullivan, Red Flag law. KILLED by 4 to 2 after long debate!
- HB 1691, Delegate Simon, expands ban on completely-plastic guns. KILLED by a 4 to 2 vote!
- HB 1644, Delegate Bourne, punishes gun owner who does not report a lost or stolen gun quickly enough with a fine and opens up civil and criminal liability. KILLED by a 4 to 2 vote!
- HB 1992, Delegate Price, bans guns at local government meetings. KILLED by a 4 to 2!
- HB 1654, Delegate Rasoul, prohibits loaded rifles in certain localities. KILLED by a 4 to 2!
- HB 1856, Delegate McQuinn, bans guns in libraries. KILLED by a 4 to 2 vote!
About Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL):
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
For more information, visit: www.vcdl.org.