Desert Tech MDRX
Utah-based firearms manufacturer, Desert Tech presents its MDRX (Micro Dynamic Rifle) with semi-automatic function driven by a tunable, short-stroke-gas-piston system. The gun enables operators to switch calibers within the unique bullpup configuration, providing the versatility of a multi-caliber system in a compact and customizable package.
Attached to the aluminum upper receiver are the action, barrel and cheek-piece assemblies. Desert Tech supplies a lower receiver and handguard made of polymer. A Picatinny rail covers the gun’s topside. The trigger mechanism, magazine well and lower portion of the butt are relegated to the polymer lower receiver.
A number of bilateral and ambidextrous controls, including dual-sided charging handles that are non reciprocating, safety selectors and magazine release buttons make the MDRX a well-optioned candidate for both left- and right-handed shooters. The MDRX supplies users with two magazine release actuators for increased versatility.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
At the range, the Desert Tech MDRX, like many bullpups, is more compact and easier to handle than conventional semi-automatic rifles with the same barrel length. The rear-mounted action is found to improve overall balance with reduction to fore-end weight, which is a boon to shooters that require accessories attached up front. Since the MDRX is multi-caliber adaptable, conversion kits are available separately from Desert Tech—users can easily change between .308 Win., 6.5 Creedmoor, .223 Wylde and .300 Blackout.
Desert Tech MDRX (Forward Ejecting) Specifications
Manufacturer: Desert Tech
Action Type: piston-operated, semi-automatic, center-fire, bullpup rifle
Chambering: multi; .223 Wylde, .300 Blackout, 6.5 Creedmoor, .308 Win.
Barrel: 16” to 20”
Lower Receiver: polymer
Upper Receiver: aluminum
Sights: none; Picatinny rail
Trigger: 4.7-lb. pull
Overall Length: 27.5” to 31.5”
Weight: 8.7 lbs. to 8.89 lbs.
MSRP: $2,099 (base)
Out of Sight, Peace of Mind: The “Trunk” Gun
Article by American Rifleman Staff