First Look: Magpul PMAG D-50 MP Drum Magazine
Magpul recently introduced the new PMAG D-50 MP, which the company says is a highly reliable 50-round drum mag for the HK94/MP5 large-format pistol or pistol-caliber carbines chambered in 9 mm.
The new PMAG D-50 MP retains many of the other features of Magpul’s previous models of 9 mm drums, but the new 50-round drum utilizes a unique configuration that keeps the height of the magazine more manageable, according to Magpul. In turn, prone shooting is an viable option and storage is simplified. The magazine features a ratcheting loading lever that removes tension from the internal spring for ease of use.
Likewise, the D-50 MP features a rear window to track how many rounds remain, as well as a high-visibility follower and a capacity indication roller. Like other Magpul drum mags, the newest iteration is designed for quick disassembly for maintenance and cleaning.
- 50-round capacity
- Next-generation impact and crush-resistant polymer construction
- Robust stainless internals withstand corrosion and long-term storage while loaded with no loss of function, spring fatigue, or reliability concerns
- Ratcheting lever for ease of loading
- Easy disassembly for cleaning and maintenance
- High-visibility follower and rounds-remaining window
- Paint Pen Dot Matrix
- HK94/MP5pattern large-format pistols and pistol caliber carbines
- Weight (unloaded): 16.4 ounces
- Height: 6.9 inches
- Width: 4.2 inches
- Depth: 2.6 inches
- Color: Black
MSRP on the new PMAG D-50 MP is $119.95; more information can be found on Magpul.com.
Article by SI Staff