First Look: Savage Arms Impulse Elite Precision and Model 64 Precision Rifles
Savage Arms is adding two new rifle designs to their growing list of new guns that are launching in 2022.
“2022 is off to an impressive start for Savage,” said Beth Shimanski, Director of Marketing at Savage Arms. “And we’re not done yet! Today we’re building on this momentum with the Impulse Elite Precision, a rifle that adds the lightning-fast Impulse straight-pull action to an already robust and reliably accurate long-range design. And the new Savage 64 Precision offers new potential by extending the range of the rimfire by building Precision Series upgrades into a design that’s popular with plinkers and target shooters.”
Impulse Elite Precision
Impulse Elite Precision has an intuitive straight-pull action bedded in an Adjustable Core Competition chassis from Modular Driven Technologies (MDT). With a full-length ARCA rail, Impulse Elite Precision can be customized for individual balance preferences and will provide the impeccable accuracy that has come to define Savage’s Precision rifles.
“The Elite Precision has changed the way Savage shooters think about long-range capability,” said Jessica Treglia, Senior Brand Manager for Savage Arms. “The addition of the Impulse straight-pull action is going to add a new element of speed to an already efficient rifle. When split times are an important aspect of the competition, Impulse Elite Precision will be a game-changer.”
Impulse Elite Precision Rifle Features
- 1.5-4 pound user-adjustable AccuTrigger
- MDT 1-piece aluminum ACC chassis with fully adjustable length-of-pull and comb height
- ARCA rail forend with M-Lok slots
- Precision button rifled, stainless steel, modified Palma contour barrel
- Threaded muzzle (5/8-24 tpi)
- AICS magazine with ambidextrous magazine release
- Matte black aluminum receiver with integral 20-MOA rail
- Ambidextrous, multi-positional bolt handle
The Impulse Elite Precision Elite is available chambered in .308 Winchester, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6mm Creedmoor or 6.5 PRC with an MSRP of $2,649. The rifle is also available chambered in 300 PRC, .300 Win. Mag. or .338 Lapau Mag. with an MSRP of $2,849.
Model 64 Precision
The new Model 64 Precision is a semi-automatic rifle that features a synthetic MDT chassis with M-LOK slots and an ergonomic pistol grip. The heavy barrel and threaded muzzle provide for increased accuracy and allow you to add the muzzle device of your choice to the rifle.
“The Model 64 has been a tremendous gun for Savage,” said Jessica Treglia, Senior Brand Manager for Savage Arms. “It deserves a big upgrade—and this is it. Savage is showing just what the 64 can do. We’ve taken our benchmark plinker and added performance driven features that will allow shooters to connect at extended distances. If you want an all-around rimfire that is perfect for target shooting, plinking, and competition—check out the Model 64 Precision.”
Model 64 Precision Rifle Features
- Semi-automatic rimfire action
- 16.5-inch long, matte black carbon steel heavy barrel and receiver
- Threaded muzzle (1/2-28 tpi)
- Detachable magazine (10-round or 20-round)
- Drilled & tapped receiver with 1-piece 20 MOA picatinny rail
- High-strength glass-filled nylon unibody construction
- M-Lok compatible fore-end for modularity
- AR compatible grip interface for ergonomic customization
- Integral barricade stop for shooting position stabilization
- Available in Black or Flat Dark Earth
The Model 64 comes in either black or Flat Dark Earth colors and is available with either a 10 round or a 20 round magazine. Chambered in .22 LR, it has an MSRP of $299. For more information on these new rifles, please visit savagearms.com.
Article by SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED STAFF