Massachusetts: Senate Passes Sweeping Gun Control Without Public Hearing
On Thursday, February 1st, the Senate passed S.2572 late in the night without the bill ever receiving a public hearing, ignoring the concerns of Minority Leader Bruce Tarr and second amendment advocates across the state. The bill will now advance to joint committee, where the House and Senate will work to streamline this omnibus of the nation’s worst gun control policies.
S. 2572 is the Senate’s version of HD 4420, which was passed in the House late last year. Much like the House version, this bill attempts to implement some of the strictest gun-control in the country.
As written S. 2572:
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Institutes a new, broader ban of commonly-owned firearms already owned by law-abiding citizens.
- Bans possession of any gun, loaded or unloaded, at any state, county, and municipal building.
- Expands Massachusetts’s Red Flag laws.
- Mandates serialization of legally owned firearm parts.
- Places new mandates, protocols, and training requirements on retailers.
The above bullet points are just some of the numerous provisions anti-gun politicians are proposing. For a more in-depth summary of the bill, please see the Gun Owner’s Action League’s (GOAL) breakdown here.
Please stay tuned to the NRA-ILA website and your inbox for updates as the situation with S. 2752 and HD 4420 progresses.
Article by NRA-ILA