New Mexico: Governor Announces Push for So-Called “Assault Weapons” Ban in 2024
Yesterday at a press conference in the Roundhouse, Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham announced her intention to press forward with a ban on so-called “assault weapons” in the 2024 legislative session. Even-numbered year sessions are normally reserved for budget deliberations, but governors have the authority to “message” bills and make them germane to the fiscal session. She will once again use her power to target your Second Amendment rights!
The Legislature adjourned from this year’s 60-day session on March 18. Because of your testimony before legislative committees and countless calls and emails in opposition to House Bill 101 by Rep. Andrea Romero (D-Santa Fe), the ban that Lujan Grisham had prioritized during the 60-day session failed to pass. This measure would have prohibited the manufacture, sale, purchase, and possession of semi-automatic firearms with detachable magazines that law-abiding citizens commonly own for self-defense, competition, and recreation, as well as certain attachments for them; banned handguns with fixed magazines that can hold more than 15 rounds of ammunition and long guns with fixed magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition; banned parts or combinations of parts from which such firearms can be assembled; and banned .50 BMG caliber ammunition. Current owners of any of these firearms or items would have had to register them with the New Mexico Department of Public Safety to maintain possession, or transfer them out of state or to a federal firearm licensed dealer, or face criminal charges.
Remind your state lawmakers where you stand on this issue! Let them know you OPPOSE the governor’s, and the progressive left’s, gun ban and firearms registration schemes, which only target law-abiding citizens and which criminals will ignore.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
Interim legislative committee hearings are likely to be held on this issue, and NRA-ILA will keep you posted as to where and when those take place.
Article by NRA-ILA