Remington Versa Max Sportsman Turkey Shotgun
Article first appeared at American Rifleman.
Gas-operated shotguns certainly are not new, though designs have changed since Mr. Browning’s famed Auto 5. Six years ago Remington released its newest version of the gas-operated, semi-automatic shotgun, the Versa Max. Utilizing a rotary bolt with two locking-lugs, two short-stroke gas pistons and a shortened energy transfer system, the design is proven and has evolved into sub-models, as seen here with the Sportsman Turkey variant. Capable of firing anything from standard length 2¾” shells to the powerful and hard-recoiling 3½” high brass shell of a turkey load, the gun’s VersaPort gas system takes away the punishment and consistently operates with all styles of shells. Its synthetic stock is wrapped in Mossy Oak Obsession camouflage and adjustable fiber-optic sights, the Versa Max Sportsman Turkey is a home run in the turkey woods.
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
Manufacturer: Remington Arms
Action: Gas-operated, semi-automatic shotgun
Gauge: 12 gauge; 3½” chamber
Barrel: 22”; 4140 hammer-forged steel; threaded for Remington Pro Bore chokes
Trigger: 5-lb., 14.4-oz. pull
Magazine: five-round tube (two-round plug included)
Sights: adjustable TruGlo fiber-optic rear notch, TruGlo fiber-optic front bead
Finish: Mossy Oak Obsession
Overall Length: 43 15/16″
Weight: 7lbs. 12 ozs.