The Armed Citizen® March 10, 2023
Armed Citizen® Today
A licensed-to-carry bystander shot and wounded an active shooter in an El Paso, Texas, mall after the shooter killed a teen and began aiming at other mall goers on Friday, Feb. 17, 2023.
That evening, the alleged shooter was part of a group of teens at the mall when they got into an argument with another group near the mall’s food court. According to police, the suspect pulled out what was reported to be a stolen handgun and began firing, fatally shooting one 17-year-old male and wounding two others. After the shooting, the suspect ran and began aiming his stolen handgun at other bystanders.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
One bystander was a 32-year-old man with a licensed concealed-carry gun. As the shooter ran toward him, the man drew his gun and shot the suspect. The armed citizen then began administering aid to the wounded shooter and other victims with the help of an off-duty El Paso police officer. Charges are currently pending against the suspect. (KTSM, El Paso, Texas, 2/17/23)
From the Armed Citizen® Archives – April 1980
When Ernst Wright was awakened by the sound of a tractor-trailer coming to a halt outside his Corona, N.M., ranch house, he armed himself with a shotgun and investigated. When the driver kicked in the kitchen door and walked inside, Wright asked him to leave, then retreated to the hall. The intruder threw a crowbar at Wright, who fired one shot, hitting his attacker in the chest. State police found the wounded man inside the truck. (The Lincoln County News, Carrizozo, N.M.)
Article by NRA STAFF