The Armed Citizen® March 6, 2023
Armed Citizen® Today
A 26-year-old southern Kentucky man is in jail, facing charges of burglary, after being caught and held at gunpoint by a homeowner after allegedly burglarizing the residence. Police were called and were able to take the man into custody.
The resident had been the victim of multiple burglaries previously, which led him to install a deer camera to record other potential thieves. On the morning of Jan. 22, 2023, the camera recorded the 26-year-old would-be burglar entering the house through the garage. The homeowner caught the alleged intruder in the act, using his firearm to prevent the burglar’s escape until police arrived.
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
“I wasn’t at the scene, but my understanding is that he detained the subject and notified law enforcement,” Whitley County Sheriff Bill Elliotte told WYMT Mountain News. “Well within his right to protect himself and his property.” (WYMT Mountain News, Whitley County, Ky., 1/22/23)
From the Armed Citizen® Archives – April 1963
Awakened in his Goldsboro, N.C., home by the barking of his dog, Air Force Sgt. Edsel G. Sutherland loaded his shotgun and went to the kitchen. When Sutherland entered, a man grabbed the end of his shotgun. Edsel pulled the trigger and the intruder fell to the floor mortally wounded. (Goldsboro News-Argus, Goldsboro, N.C.)
Article by NRA STAFF