Video: M1A1 Thompson Submachine Gun
Article first appeared at NRAmedia.org
NRAmedia – The U.S.-made Thompson Submachine Gun was developed by Gen. John T. Thompson, who envisioned a “one-man, hand-held machine gun” in .45 ACP for use in the ongoing trench warfare of World War I. But the war ended before prototypes could be shipped to Europe. At the start of World War II, the Thompson was the only submachine gun commercially available to the Allies. But the guns were expensive to make. Savage and Auto-Ornance simplified the gun inside and out and made it cheaper and faster to make. The result was the M1 and later the M1A1 Thompson. It turns out the “Blish principle of metallic adhesion” didn’t really matter.
To learn more about the iconic Thompson M1A1 Submachine Gun, watch this “I Have This Old Gun” segment from a recent episode of American Rifleman TV.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify