Europe’s Refugee Crisis
Article first appeared at Shooting Illustrated.
When more than a million migrants and refugees crossed into Europe in 2015—fleeing from southwest Asia, the uncertainty in the Middle East and the violence of ISIS—it sparked a crisis as countries struggled to cope with the influx. In Austria, a wave of immigrants overwhelmed the system, causing overcrowding in processing centers and negative reaction from citizens—even those who had been open to allowing them to come in the first place.
LtCol Oliver North, reporting from Vienna for “Frontlines,” noted that there’s a new reality in Austria now. “There’s been a corresponding spike in violent crime,” North said. “Robberies, assaults, rapes and murders and high-profile radical Islamic terror attacks like those in Paris and Brussels.”
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Grab guns, accessories, gear and optics at the lowest prices
The result: Tens of thousands of Austrians applying for permits to purchase firearms for self-protection, which has caused firearm sales to quadruple over the last two years. A feeling of security is not present any more, observes one local gun store representative.
Watch the full report above or on NRATV. “Frontlines” is one of two dozen original shows that air on NRATV—the network broadcasts in live streaming HD 24 hours a day, and all episodes are available on demand. You can watch NRATV online at NRATV.com, or through Apple TV, Roku, Google Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV.