First Look: CZ-USA Left-Handed 457 Rifles
CZ-USA is adding two new members into its rimfire CZ 457 bolt-action rifle family. The two new rifles are the long-awaited left-hand configured versions the CZ 457 Varmint and the CZ 457 American.
The CZ 457 American rimfire rifle is a traditional walnut and steel rifle with straight comb stock rather than the more traditional curved comb hogback stocks featured on many classically styled rifles. Like the CZ 457 American, the CZ-457 Varmint’s stock is also a straight-comb walnut affair. Straight combs on rifle stocks are more convenient when shooting with optics, and like the majority of CZ rimfire rifles sold in the US, both the American and Varmint receivers have an integral 11mm dovetail which makes mounting optics a breeze. The primary difference between the American and the Varmint is that CZ Varmint rifles have a .866 inch wide bull barrel that is also shorter for increased accuracy and precision.
Both rifles offer features such as:
- 60-degree bolt throw on left handed rimfire action with manual safety
- Cold hammer forged 1:16-inch-twist rifled barrels; 24-inch light contour for American and 20-inch bull barrel for Varmint
- Five round detachable polymer box magazine that is also compatible with older CZ designs
- CZ 457 American is chambered in .22 LR and .22 WMR
- CZ 457 Varmint is chambered in .22 LR only
- Laser checkered Turkish walnut stocks with 13.75 inch length-of-pull
- 11mm integral receiver dovetails
- Fully adjustable triggers
- Action opens with safety engaged
The left-handed CZ 457 American rimfire rifle retails for $589 while the left-handed CZ 457 Varmint retails at $625. For more information on these new left- handed friendly CZ 457 rimfire rifles and other firearms offered by CZ-USA please visit their website at cz-usa.com.
Article by SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED STAFF