First Look: Foxtrot Mike Mike-15 Gen 1 5.56 Upper Receivers
Foxtrot Mike Products is reintroducing the classic Mike-15 Gen 1 5.56 Barreled upper receivers. These newer Gen 1 Mike-15 upper receiver groups include some tweaks and improvements found on later generation Foxtrot Mike products to provide more performance and reliability. These assembled upper receiver groups include a lightweight M-Lok handguard but do not include a charging handle or bolt carrier group, which are sold separately by Foxtrot Mike Products.
Barrels on these new reissue Gen 1 Mike-15 upper receiver groups are button rifled, stress relieved and have a .223 Wylde chamber with a 1:8-inch twist rate. The combination of a “tighter” .223 Wylde chamber along with a 1:8-inch twist rate provides a higher degree of accuracy and the ability to stabilize heavier 5.56mm projectiles. Foxtrot Mike Barrels are made from 41V50 chrome-moly vanadium “barrel grade” steel blanks sourced from Gerdau, a high-strength steel alloy designed for heavy-duty applications. This material ensures better heat mitigation, abrasion resistance, corrosion resistance and tensile strength. The 41V50 steel blank undergo a button-rifling process for match-grade accuracy and precision, and then are treated with a durable QPQ (Melonite) exterior finish.
Foxtrot Mike Products Mike-15 Gen 1 5.56 Barreled Upper Specifications:
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- M-Lok compatible handguard
- Proprietary double-pinned gas block with interlocking features.
- Monolithic style lightweight, modern AR-style upper receiver.
- 100-percent air-gauging of bore and rifling for consistent dimensions.
- All barrels produced in a single operation, guaranteeing quality.
- Salt bath nitride coating for corrosion resistance and increased surface hardness.
- Available in 9-, 11.5-, 12.5-, 13.9- and 16-inch lengths.
Foxtrot Mike Products new Gen 1 Mike-15 5.56 Barreled Upper Receivers have a starting retail price of $229 through $249 depending on barrel and M-Lok handguard length. To learn more about these uppers or other items from Foxtrot Mike Products, please visit fm-products.com.
Article by SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED STAFF