First Look: Magpul PRS Lite Stock
Magpul recently introduced the PRS Lite Stock, which is built with many of the same features and adjustability as the PRS Gen 3 Precision-Adjustable Stock at a lighter weight. Likewise, the PRS Lite Stock comes in at roughly half the price of the original Gen 3 variant.
The PRS Lite stock is intended for use with carbine/SR25/A5 extension tubes and is built to military standards. As such, the new stock is compatible with .223 and .308 receiver-pattern rifles. The stock weighs 10 ounces less than the PRS Gen 3 and provides shooters with .8 inches of comb height with 1.4 inches of length of pull adjustment.
The PRS Lite offers multiple attachment points for slings, including an ambidextrous 1.25-inch footman’s loop, reversible QD sling swivel cup, and room for another QD sling swivel cup. A low-profile rubber butt-pad is adjustable for height and cant, giving shooters a stable interface with the shoulder.
- Adjustable LOP (13.85-15.25 inches in .14-inch increments)
- Adjustable comb height (adjusts from flush to +.8 inch in .1-inch increments)
- Weight: 18.2 ounces
- 1.25 inch ambidextrous footman’s loop in the rear
- Reversible rotation-limited QD sling swivel cup in front
- QD sling swivel cup in the rear
- Carbine/SR25/A5 receiver extension tube compatible
- Fits .223/.308 receiver patterns
- Not compatible with A1/A2 rifle tubes
- Not compatible with rifle-length receiver extensions
- Colors: Black, FDE, ODG
- MSRP: $119.95
- Article by SI Staff