First Look: McMillan Z-10 Bag Rider Stock
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks is known for making precision-driven custom stocks, and now the company is expanding its lineup of ready-to-install fiberglass stocks with the new Z-10 Bag Rider stock.
The Z-10 Bag Rider stock is based on the company’s popular A-10 tactical stock. The Z-10 replaces the A-10’s familiar butt hook with a swept butt profile to more easily accommodate rear bags for bench or prone shooting.
The Z-10 Bag Rider is part of the McMillan Z-series line and features a universal inlet design which fits most Remington and Remington clone barreled actions and accepts a wide range of barrel contours. Actions that fit the stock include models from APA, Defiance, Bighorn, Stiller, Lone Peak, Surgeon, Ultimatum, and more. The universal inletting makes the Z-10 Bag Rider drop-in-ready direct, right from the factory.
The Z-10 Bag Rider is available in right- or left-hand configurations. Other key features include:
- Adjustable cheek riser height
- Adjustable length-of-pull
- Forward-positioned vertical grip
- Integrated left- and right-hand thumb shelves
- Multiple color and finish options
- Z-10 Bag Rider Specifications
- Drop at comb: 0.438 inches
- Drop at heel: 0.438 inches
- Drop to toe: 5.5 inches
- Forearm width: 1.975 inches
- Grip to toe: 20.25 inches
- Butt width: 1.608 inches
- Butt flat: 0.75 inches
- Grip width: 1.820 inches
- Overall length: 31.50 inches
- Length of pull without pad: 13 inches
- Maximum action diameter: 1.350 inches
- Maximum barrel channel diameter: 1.250 inches
MSRP for the Z-10 stock starts at $372 for the flat top model with no inletting. The stock with basic inletting, which includes action outline and a barrel channel has an MSRP of, $429, while a full inlet including action, floorplate & barrel channel is $603. More information on this stock and other products from Macmillan is available at mcmillanusa.com.
Article by SI Staff