First Look: New Magazines from Magpul
Magpul is introducing two new lines of magazines, one for today’s concealed carry pistols and another for modern rifles. The first is the AMAG series, initially offered for the popular SIG Sauer P320 pistol. Magpul found it difficult to create a polymer magazine that met their expectations of reliability and durability and worked with the size and shape of the magazine well of these pistols. As a result, the new AMAG 17 SG9 is a 17-round SIG 9mm handgun magazine has a stainless-steel body with polymer sub-components. Magpul magazines for the SIG P320 come with many proven features as standard, including a high-visibility, controlled-tilt follower, stainless-steel spring, flared floorplate that’s easily removable for cleaning and routine maintenance. In addition to this, there are paint-pen dot matrix for magazine marking, capacity-indicator windows which begin at five rounds and continue along the spine of the magazine in one-round increments.
Magpul AMAG 17 SG9 Features:
- Corrosion-resistant, stainless-steel magazine body
- High-visibility, controlled-tilt follower
- Stainless-steel spring for longevity and durability
- Flared, easily removeable floorplate for easy maintenance
- Capacity indicators starting at five rounds, continuing down the spine in one-round intervals
- Paint-pen dot matrix
- Compatible with all P320/M17 frame sizes
The AMAG 17 SG9 is now available with an MSRP of $34.95 and is compatible with full-size, compact and sub-compact variants of the SIG Sauer P320 and M17.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
TMAG 30 AR/M4 Gen M3 Magazine
The new TMAG line of translucent magazines is made with an Olive Drab Translucent material and is the first translucent magazine that matches standards as the legendary GenM3 PMAG. More than decade in development, the TMAG is the newest addition to Magpul’s line of STANAG-compatible magazines and will be initially offered in 5.56 NATO/.223 Rem. The translucent construction of the TMAG allows shooters to visibly check the number and type of ammunition in the magazine. The ribbed front and rear straps on the outside provide a textured surface to securely grip the TMAG during magazine changes, while the sides themselves are left smooth to ensure visibility. The TMAG uses similar internal geometry as the PMAG, with a four-way, anti-tilt follower paired up with a durable USGI-spec, stainless-steel spring with a painted coil. This combination maintains the “gas gauge” capability from the “Window” magazine product line of earlier PMAGs. The magazine body is clearly marked to show approximate round counts when inserted in a magazine well, and the paint-pen dot matrix allows for aftermarket markings to be applied by shooters to identify their magazines. The low-profile floor plate also allows for compatibility with the full line of Magpul floor-plate accessories, and is available in Olive Drab Translucent.
TMAG 30 Gen M3 Features:
- Translucent body for round identification and capacity information
- Ribbed front and rear straps for improved grip
- Four-way anti-tilt follower and USGI-spec, stainless-steel spring enhances reliability
- Painted coil and marked magazine body provides visual quick reference for capacity
- Paint-pen dot matrix allows for additional metrics for personal preference when looking for round-count indicators
- Accepts current aftermarket Magpul floor-plate accessories
- Functions in a variety of popular platforms
The TMAG in 5.56 NATO/.223 Rem. will have an MSRP of $24.95 and be available in Q1 of 2024.
For more information on these new magazines or other products from Magpul, please visit magpul.com.
Article by SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED STAFF