First Look: New Magpul Hunter American Stock and Enhanced Ejection Port Cover
In amongst the many new items that Magpul has been releasing for 2022, several have caught our eye including the new MOE SL-M Carbine Stock we reviewed earlier. Here’s a couple more new items that are worth a closer look.
Hunter American Stock for the Ruger American Short Action with STANAG Magazine Well
Designed as a cost-effective upgrade for Ruger American rifles equipped with an AR-magazine compatible stock, the Hunter American Stock – Ruger American Short Action, STANAG Magazine Well features a fully adjustable length-of-pull, comb height, enhanced ergonomics and reinforced construction. Made of reinforced polymer and an anodized aluminum bedding block with steel recoil lugs, the new stock requires no gunsmithing and is a true “drop-in” solution. The stock also comes compatible with M-Lok to accept a broad range of accessories to enhance your shooting experience. The bolt-action magazine well – Hunter American, STANAG is included for reliable detachable box magazine compatibility.
- Reinforced polymer construction with Type III Hard anodized, machine finished cast aluminum bedding block for strength and durability
- Adjustable length-of-pull from 13 to 15 inches with included half-inch spacers and optional cheek riser kit to adjust cheek weld
- High-strength recoil lugs
- Bolt-action magazine well – Hunter American, STANAG included for reliable detachable box magazine compatibility
- Available in black, flat dark earth, gray and OD green
- MSRP: $299.95
Magpul Enhanced Ejection Port Cover
The Magpul Enhanced Ejection Port Cover is a drop-in upgrade designed to improve the overall installation process, add strength and provide corrosion resistance over the standard USGI ejection port cover. Traditional stamped-steel ejection ports can twist, are prone to wear and require tools to install. The Enhanced Ejection Port Cover snaps into place easily without having to remove your handguard or barrel nut, wind any loose springs, or adjust small clips. Constructed of impact-resistant injection molded polymer, it is corrosion resistant and will not bend or deform from impacts.
Article by SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED STAFF