First Look: SilencerCo Scythe-Ti Suppressor
SilencerCo is introducing the new Scythe-Ti, the company’s first suppressor that is built constructed from titanium. The body of this .30 caliber suppressor weighs just over 6 ounces and measures under 6 inches in length, while still maintaining impressive sound suppression. This combination of light weight, small size and sound reduction makes the Scythe-Ti an excellent choice for long-range precision shooting, hunting or a fun day at the range.
“Titanium has a lot of benefits over other materials,” said SilencerCo Product Manager Andrew Herbst. “Not only is it freakishly lightweight, but it also cools down a lot quicker than steel so it’s easier to handle after shooting. Plus, it looks sleek.”
The Scythe-Ti has no barrel length restrictions and is rated for calibers up to .300 RUM. The finish is a Type II Anodized coating and is rubbed with oil for durability and resistance to chipping or flaking. It’s also anodized on both the inside and the outside of the suppressor to reduce the common sparking that comes with titanium. The Scythe-Ti replaces wrench flats with a special tool that threads onto the top of the suppressor for easy detachment and a smaller size. There is also a new single-port anchor brake for added recoil reduction while adding a minimum amount of length and ships with a custom titanium direct thread mount in 5/8 x 24.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
“When we started our testing for the Scythe-Ti, we were aiming to dominate the titanium market in minimal weight and length,” said Herbst. “We were happily surprised when we found out that the Scythe-Ti also dominates in sound suppression. Overall, it’s a very well-rounded suppressor.”
- Rated for calibers ranging from .223 Rem./5.56 NATO up to .300 RUM
- Weighs 6.3 ounces without anchor brake, 7.3 ounces with included anchor brake
- 16 inches in length
- Pairs with Bravo accessories and mounting systems
- Extremely lightweight and short
- Features a new single-port anchor brake
- No barrel-length restrictions
- Bolt-gun and semi-automatic rated — not rated for full-automatic
MSRP for the Scythe-Ti is $1,174, and for more information on this suppressor, visit silencerco.com.
Article by SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED STAFF