First Shots: Lone Wolf Dusk 19 9mm Pistol
Here’s a striker-fired, polymer-frame 9mm pistol with tons of upgrades built in.
Released at SHOT Show 2023, Lone Wolf’s Dusk 19 pistol might seem, at first glance, to be a clone of that Austrian Perfection. There’s a lot more to it than that, though: Lone Wolf has been making upgraded components for owners of that Austrian pistol for decades and has decided to eliminate the middleman with its own take on the 9 mm striker-fired, polymer-frame pistol. Lone Wolf has offered both grip frames and slides as part of the Timberwolf line,
One of the first things shooters notice about the Dusk 19 is the decidedly non-Glock-like grip angle. Rather than the traditional grip angle—for Glocks—of approximately 22 degrees, the Dusk 19 has a more 1911-like grip angle of 19 degrees. Other differences abound, like the flat-face trigger, the deeply undercut trigger guard, pronounced forward serrations and the dedicated, RMR-footprint optics cut. Configurations are also plentiful, with threaded barrels, suppressor-height sights and slide- and frame-color variations incurring a slight upcharge.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
We’ve had several opportunities to try out the Lone Wolf Dusk 19, both on the indoor range when Lone Wolf visited headquarters over the summer, but also earlier this year at a product launch event down in Georgia. The Dusk 19 shoots flat, is quite controllable even under rapid-fire conditions and functions reliably, pretty much everything you’re looking for in a pistol that would be up for consideration for concealed carry. There’s an optics cut on the slide for RMR-footprint optics, allowing direct mount of compatible electronic sights.
If you’re looking for a polymer-frame, striker-fired pistol that’s just a little bit different, yet has all of the upgraded features already installed, the Dusk 19 is a superlative choice. Excellent ergonomics, intelligent upgrades and user-friendly operation yield a pistol that shoots well and runs reliably. The Lone Wolf Dusk 19 might look like a lot of its competition, but its feature list and performance make it a next-level choice.
Article posted with permission from Shooting Illustrated