GSM Outdoors Acquires SOG Specialty Knives
GSM Outdoors, a multi-brand manufacturer of specialized shooting and hunting sport accessories, has acquired SOG Specialty Knives, one of the most respected tactical and purpose-built knife manufactures in the United States. The company joins a growing list of GSM firms, many widely acknowledged as leaders in the industry, including , Cold Steel, TruGlo, Birchwood Casey and many others.
“Since 1986, SOG has been synonymous with austere-duty knives intended to meet the needs of defense professionals,” said Eddie Castro, CEO of GSM Outdoors. “The name is instantly recognized by military, first responders and blade enthusiasts for their high-quality craftsmanship and reliable performance. Our acquisition of SOG represents an important expansion of the GSM family of brands, and we look forward to taking the brand to that next level of consumer support and product innovation.”
Originally hailed for the company’s combat-inspired fixed-blade knives, SOG has since expanded its knives and specialty tools to include folders, multi-tools and a variety of gear intended for professional use, outdoor recreation and everyday carry. The company was founded by Spencer Frazer and his original design was a reproduction of the original Vietnam-era Bowie knife carried by the elite members of MACV-SOG. His commemorative tribute to the special ops unit that created the knife quickly grew into a full line of innovative products.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
“SOG is a prestigious brand among outdoor and tactical retailers nationwide,” said Zach Henderson, GSM’s vice president of sales, “and the company enjoys an enthusiastic consumer base. We are understandably excited to add SOG to our portfolio of knife and utility tool companies, including Cold Steel. We look forward to working with our industry partners to further expand the SOG brand across the professional and outdoor consumer segments.”
GSM Outdoors was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Texas.
Article by GUY J. SAGI