NRA Slams Gov. Newsom’s Latest Assault on Second Amendment
The National Rifle Association released the following statement on California Gov. Newsom’s signing of gun control:
“The NRA condemns the legislation enacted by Gov. Newsom. It is a blatant and egregious attack on the rights of law-abiding Californians and a calculated maneuver to dismantle the Second Amendment. Newsom’s consistent attacks on the constitutional rights of the citizens while ignoring criminals are converting California into a beacon for violence and lawlessness.
During his press conference today, Newsom likened the excise tax to a ‘sin tax,’ exposing his prejudice on legal firearm ownership. It is an attempt to penalize citizens for exercising their constitutional rights. The NRA vows to fight these oppressive laws, standing firm with the majority of Americans in opposition to Newsom’s draconian initiatives.”
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
–NRA Western Regional Director Dan Reid
SB 2 creates subjective criteria for the issuance of carry permits, allowing authorities to arbitrarily deny applicants, increases “gun-free zones”, and imposes restrictions on permit holders.
SB 452 insists on implementing microstamping technology already struck down by a federal court, targeting non-microstamped semi-automatic pistols and prohibiting the replacement of a microstamping component unless it is replaced with another “valid” one.
Lastly, AB 28 imposes an 11% excise tax on the sales price of all firearms, firearm precursor parts, and ammunition, unjustly burdening law-abiding gun owners with special taxes and discouraging them from practicing to be safe and proficient with their firearms for self-defense, competition, and hunting.
Article by NRA-ILA