Ohio: Gun Owner Credit Card Privacy Bill Being Heard in Committee Tomorrow
On Tuesday, November 14th, the Senate Veterans and Public Safety Committee will hold a public hearing on Senate Bill 148, The Second Amendment Privacy Act, a bill to prohibit the use of firearm-related Merchant Category Codes.
In September 2022, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) approved a Merchant Category Code (MCC) for firearm retailers. Since the ISO’s decision, NRA-ILA has worked to alert financial industry stakeholders to gun owners’ concerns, and urged state lawmakers and attorneys general to address this matter. To date, several states and their attorneys general have taken important steps to protect Americans’ Second Amendment rights and privacy. In the first half of 2023, several states enacted legislation prohibiting or discouraging use of the firearm retailer MCC.
SB 148 will protect gun owner data relating to payment card transactions involving firearms and ammunition retailers.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
The public hearing will be held at 3:00PM tomorrow. Please encourage your friends, family, and other Second Amendment advocates to tell committee members to support SB 148. Please stay tuned to the NRA-ILA website and your inbox for updates as this legislation progresses.
Article by NRA-ILA