South Carolina: Gov. McMaster Announces Support for Constitutional Carry Legislation
Last week, in a WIS interview, Governor Henry McMaster announced his support for NRA-ILA backed constitutional carry bill, House Bill 3594. H 3594, which passed the House of Representatives 87-26, recognizes the right of law-abiding adults to carry a firearm for self-defense without having to first pay fees or obtain government permission, while also increasing penalties for criminals caught with firearms. McMaster said he intends to sign the constitutional carry bill into law if it passes the Senate. NRA will keep you updated as H 3594 receives a Senate committee assignment.
Half of the Nation has now enacted some form of Constitutional Carry. H 3594 does not change who is eligible to obtain a carry permit. It also does not affect previously issued permits and allows citizens who still wish to obtain a permit in order to carry in other states recognizing South Carolina’s permits, to do so.
NRA thanks Rep. Bobby Cox, Rep. Jason Elliott, and Speaker Murrell Smith for their leadership in ensuring this legislation moves forward to strengthen South Carolinians’ right to self-defense. NRA also thanks the representatives who voted in favor of H 3594.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
Article by NRA-ILA