WATCH: Dan Wesson DWX Pistol
Prior to SHOT Show 2023 at Gunsite in Arizona, Shooting Illustrated magazine’s Executive Editor, Jay Grazio, chatted with Jared Fox, the captain of the CZ-USA pistol team about the new Dan Wesson DWX 9 mm pistol. (Watch the video above.)
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
A steel-framed 9 mm, the DWX pistol has a single-action fire control group from a Dan Wesson 1911, with the grip angle and contour drawn directly from the CZ 75. Due to this, the full-size DWX is compatible with standard CZ 75 grips. Low-profile red aluminum grips help drive the shooter’s hand high in the beavertail.
The locked-breech barrel system uses a CZ-style take-down via the slide stop. The 4.95-inch, match-grade, bushing-less barrel system resembles the ones used on the P-09 and the P-10. A serrated rib helps to cut down on glare between the front sight and rear sight. Additionally, the new Dan Wesson DWX also uses double-stack 19+1 magazines borrowed from the P-09 and P-10.
The trigger is a flat K-style one with three holes and sports a textured face. An ambidextrous safety and swappable magazine release, along with the DWX pistol’s high degree of tunability and customizability, are among the multiple features making it an ideal competition gun. Plus, with a 1911-style dovetail front sight and CZ Shadow 2-style rear sight, there are many factory and aftermarket options to choose from.
MSRP: $2,099. Learn more at danwessonfirearms.com.
Article by NRA STAFF