When Hillary Tells The Truth
Article first appeared at Americas 1st Freedom.
To say that Hillary Clinton is prone to play fast and loose with the facts is kind of like saying pro shooter Jerry Miculek can hit a target now and then.
The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee is known for her prevarications, half-truths and outright lies. Certainly she has lied about guns, gun owners and the firearm industry plenty of times. But those rare times when she is actually truthful about what she believes should cause more worry for law-abiding gun owners than all her lies combined.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
And no time has she been more truthful about her core beliefs than when talking about the Second Amendment, the National Rifle Association and America’s law-abiding gun owners during her current presidential campaign. Consider the following:
- Last year, Clinton said of the U.S. Supreme Court decision in District of Columbia v. Heller—which recognized that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms—“the Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment. And I am going to make that case every chance I get.”
- More recently, at a campaign rally in Bridgeport, Conn., Clinton described Heller as “a terrible decision.” But those rare times when she is actually truthful about what she believes should cause more worry for law-abiding gun owners than all her lies combined.
- At another campaign stop in Connecticut, she promised to spend all of her time as president on changing you and me, using the words “gun culture”—the anti-gun code phrase for America’s law-abiding gun owners. “I will use every single minute of every day, if I’m fortunate to be your president, looking for ways to save lives so we can change the gun culture,” she boasted.
- Clinton has also continually refused to differentiate between law-abiding gun owners and violent criminals, saying at a gun violence forum in Philadelphia, “We have just too many guns. On the streets, in our homes, in our neighborhoods.”
- She constantly belittles and threatens good American citizens for their involvement in a lawful U.S. industry, saying in an April Democratic debate, “We hear a lot from Sen. Sanders about the greed and recklessness of Wall Street. … But what about the greed and recklessness of the gun manufacturers and dealers in America?”
- She refuses to acknowledge that lawful use of guns for self-defense even exists, saying at a town hall meeting, “We’ve got to keep guns out of the hands of people who don’t use them for hunting or shooting practice or collecting.”
- Clinton has on many occasions attacked the 5 million good, law-abiding Americans who are members of the National Rifle Association, even equating them, on her “enemies list,” with Iranian terrorists during a late 2015 Democratic presidential debate.
- And just over a week ago, what Clinton didn’t say when questioned on live TV told us way more than a real yes or no answer would have. Clinton was asked twice by George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s “This Week” whether she believes an individual’s right to bear arms is a constitutional right. And both times she refused to answer the question, instead bragging about a “right” of the federal government to restrict gun ownership.
When Clinton reveals her true beliefs about gun owners and the Second Amendment, it’s easy to see that she’s not the kind of president we need in order to ensure our right to keep and bear arms for future generations. Even if she begins changing her tune soon, now that she has all but sewn up the Democratic nomination, gun owners must not forget how we have been vilified and maligned by Clinton thus far during the campaign.