Alabama: House Passes Lifetime Carry Permit Bill
Today, the House voted 69-18 to pass Senate Bill 308. It now goes to Governor Kay Ivey for her signature.
Senate Bill 308 creates a statewide, uniform system to provide optional lifetime carry permits for a cost of $300. The NRA was successful in adding a rebate clause in the Senate for anyone who is required by their sheriff to purchase a 1-year or 5-year permit prior to purchasing a lifetime permit. In most circumstances, that will bring the actual cost to $200.
Most aspects of the current permitting process will not change. Individuals interested in obtaining a lifetime permit will apply at their local sheriff’s office for a background check and to fill out the appropriate paperwork.
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
NRA thanks Representative Proncey Robertson, Speaker Mac McCutcheon, and Chairman Allen Treadaway for their efforts to bring SB 308 to a successful floor vote in the House quickly. Again, NRA also thanks author Senator Randy Price, Senate President Pro-Tem Greg Reed and Lieutenant Governor Will Ainsworth for their hard work gathering support behind this bill and moving it through the Senate.
Article by NRA-ILA