First Look: Federal Premium Power-Shok 360 Buckhammer
Federal Ammunition has added the 360 Buckhammer cartridge to its Power-Shok product line. 360 Buckhammer is a brand new straight-wall cartridge recently launched by Remington Ammunition. Designed specifically for lever-actions, the cartridge has found an enthusiastic audience in the straight-well only states, retaining enough energy for devastating results past 200.
“The tag-filling efficiency of Federal Power-Shok has made it a legend in hunting camps ranging from the Northwoods to the mountains and everywhere in between,” said Federal’s Centerfire Ammunition product line manager Eric Miller. “Our traditional lead-core hunting bullets offer accurate performance at an affordable price. It is a great combination for this new cartridge. We certainly are excited to offer it in 360 Buckhammer.”
The two Power-Shok offerings in 360 Buckhammer are 180- and 200-grain jacketed soft-point (JSP) bullets. The 180-grain option is currently available, and the 200-grain option is coming soon. Both are weighted well to perform in the relatively slow-twist, 1:12-inch barrels common to the chambering. Muzzle velocity for the 180-grain option sits around 2375 fps from a 20-inch barrel, with a .178 G1 ballistic coefficient. Energy is 2254 ft.-lbs. at the muzzle, 1484 at 100 yards, and still 947 at 200. With numbers like that, its easy to see why the cartridge is catching fire with whitetail hunters everywhere.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
Part of the 360 Buckhammer’s newfound popularity is its versatility. Its .358-diameter bullet delivers energy and trajectory like .30-30 Winchester, with softer recoil for better accuracy in the field. It is also a rimmed cartridge, which has been a dominant feature of prominent lever-gun cartridges since their inception. Why? Because the rim allows for more precise headspacing, which is particularly important with straight-wall cartridges. Additionally, a short action means a shorter throw, for faster follow-ups.
For more information on the 360 Buckhammer, or any other Federal products, visit www.federalpremium.com. MSRP: $36.99/box of 20
Article by DAVID HERMAN