First Look: Ruger Super Wrangler Convertible Revolver
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. is introducing the Super Wrangler family of single-action revolvers. These new guns build on the success of the affordably-priced Wrangler line introduced in 2019, and each gun features a robust steel cylinder frame and two cylinders, allowing you to convert between inexpensive .22 LR ammunition and the more-powerful .22 WMR cartridge.
The Super Wrangler builds on the legacy of the popular Ruger Single-Six and complements Ruger’s rich history of producing quality, rugged, reliable single-action revolvers. The affordable price, combined with the low cost of rimfire ammunition, make the Super Wrangler ideal for learning to shoot or introducing friends and family to the shooting sports.
With the introduction of the Single-Six in 1953, Bill Ruger pioneered the use of modern investment casting in firearms manufacturing to usher in a new level of affordability in single-action revolvers. Through the use of modern CNC-machining methods and lean manufacturing techniques, the Super Wrangler continues this tradition and sets a new bar for affordability while maintaining the rugged reliability that is the hallmark of Ruger firearms.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
Initially offered in three attractive Cerakote models – black, silver and bronze – the Super Wrangler features an adjustable target sight and 5.5-inch barrel. The standard checkered black grip panels can be swapped for Single-Six panels, allowing for a variety of customized options. The Super Wrangler will fit in Single-Six holsters that accommodate 5.5-inch barrels. Cylinders are unique to the Super Wrangler, and are not interchangeable with standard aluminum-frame Wrangler or Single-Six Convertible cylinders.
Ruger Super Wrangler Specifications
- Grips: Checkered synthetic
- Front Sight: Ramp
- Rear Sight: Adjustable
- Barrel Length: 5.50 inches
- Overall Length: 11 inches
- Weight: 37.7 ounces
- Capacity: 6 rounds
- Cylinder Frame Finish: Cerakote (three colors available)
- Cylinder Frame Material: Alloy Steel
- Twist: 1:14-inch right-hand
- Grooves: 6
MSRP for the Super Wrangler is $329, and more information on this gun and other products from Sturm, Ruger & Company is available at ruger.com.
Article by SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED STAFF