First Look: Samson Manufacturing Hannibal Rail for Ruger Rifles
Are you looking to add a red dot sight to your Ruger Mini-14 or Mini Thirty rifle? Samson Manufacturing would like you to consider the Hannibal Rail.
A long-time maker of accessories for these Ruger rifles, Samson Manufacturing is offering a bolt-on rifle accessory that gives you the capability of adding an optic through both a Picatinny rail and direct mount. Made of 6061-T6 aluminum, the Hannibal Rail mounts directly to the barrel making it compatible with most aftermarket stocks.
Each Hannibal Rail has a multi-hole footprint that allows for the direct-mount of micro red dot sights like the Trijicon RMR, Leupold DeltaPoint Pro, Vortex VENOM and C-More. In addition, many other micro red dot sights are designed to fit these hole patterns, so there are even more sights that should direct attach.
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Grab guns, accessories, gear and optics at the lowest prices
If you prefer a different optic, the Hannibal Rail also includes a length of Picatinny rail. This rail should allow the mounting of virtually any other reflex sight or scout optic with the appropriate mount.
Samson Manufacturing also provides a 2 inch length of Picatinny rail and a QD socket that can attach to the side of the Hannibal rail. The Hannibal Rail offers another attachment point for anyone wanting to plug in a QD sling.
Offered in two colors, black and natural gray, the Hannibal Rail is sold by Samson Manufacturing for $144.99 each. There are two different fits to which shooters should pay careful attention. One fit is for 2007 and older versions of the Ruger Mini-14 and Mini Thirty. The second fit is for 2008 and newer rifles.
Samson Manufacturing includes everything you need to install the Hannibal Rail including a barrel clamp, thread locker, 12 screws and four hex wrenches.
Interested in the Samson Manufacturing Hannibal Rail and want to know more? Visit samson-mfg.com.
Article by SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED STAFF