First Look: SilencerCo Osprey 2.0 Suppressor
The Osprey 2.0 is the latest rendition of the classic SilencerCo Osprey 9 and Osprey 45 suppressors. The most distinctive feature and most-obvious difference between the new and old versions is that the latest model is designed with a button for attaching the suppressor, rather than a lever as on earlier versions. This “magic button” serves as an index point and is used when attaching the suppressor to the host firearm. Besides this new “magic button,” the Osprey 2.0 still works like the original models. The suppressor muffles the report of your firearm and has an eccentric shape so as to not interfere with handgun sights. The change from a button to a lever will allow for a more repeatable mounting, meaning the shooter will be able to consistently put it in the same position on every firearm.
“Our goal is to create the best user experience possible,” said SilencerCo Product Manager Andrew Herbst. “By simplifying the indexing system on the Osprey, we have taken a top-performing product and made it quicker and easier to use.”
Osprey 2.0 Specifications:
- New indexing button for fast and secure alignment with host firearm
- Eccentric offset design allows for use of most factory pistol sights
- Osprey 9 2.0: Weight 8.8 ounces, length 6.9 inches
- Osprey 45 2.0: Weight 9.2 ounces, length 7.9 inches
- Constructed of aluminum and 17-4 stainless steel
- Compatible with pistons and fixed-barrel spacers
- Can be shot “wet” by using five cubic centimeters (cc) of water or wire-pulling gel
Due in part to ATF requirements concerning the serial number of these suppressors that is found on the back cap of the can, the new Osprey 2.0 suppressor cannot be retrofitted with parts from the older model Osprey.
Both Osprey 2.0 suppressors for either .45 ACP or 9 mm retail for $840. For more information on the Osprey 2.0 or other suppressors sold by SilencerCo, please visit its website at silencerco.com.
Article by shootingillustrated