First Look: Volquartsen Mamba-X Pistol
For competition shooters looking for something extra in the .22 LR world, Volquartsen has introduced the Black Mamba-X pistol with some impressive features to gain fractions of a second in competitions.
For example, a red dot can be mounted directly to the upper to keep it as low to the bore-axis as possible for faster sight acquisition. Also, the Black Mamba-X is built using Volquartsen’s LLV-4X 4.5-inch Competition Upper that features an integrally machined universal red-dot mount.
Similar to other pistols in the class, the competition ready Black Mamba-X features a push-button takedown configuration. The pistol also includes features from the Volquartsen Scorpion .22 LR Target Pistol along with the push-button takedown functionality of the Ruger MK IV .22/.45 frame.
The Black Mamba-X comes standard with:
- A ½x28 threaded stainless steel, 4.5-inch barrel with stainless steel laser-hardened breech within a type 3 hard anodized aluminum shroud
- Volquartsen Accurizing Kit for a 2.25-pound trigger pull
- DLC coated Volquartsen Competition Bolt
- Volquartsen Single-Port Compensator
- Black Anodized Aluminum
- 5 inches
- Hogue Grips
- Universal Red Dot Mount
- Volquartsen Competition Bolt
- Approximate weight: 28 ounces
- Made in the USA
MSRP comes in at $1,342, and each pistol is built to order, requiring a longer lead time than typical handguns.
Article by SI Staff