Kansas: Contact Committee Members to Support Firearm Safety Education for Children
Senate Bill 116, a bill that expands access and standardizes firearm safety education for schools, has been sent to the Senate Committee on Federal and State Affairs for a hearing on Wednesday morning, February 8, 2023, at 10:30 a.m. Please attend and show your support for firearm safety education. The hearing will take place at 300 SW 10th St., Topeka, Kansas 66612 in room 144-S. If you cannot attend, please use the link below to contact the committee members and ask them to please support SB 116. This important legislation educates children, promotes safety to help reduce the risk of accidents, and increases awareness among students about firearm safety.
Senate Bill 116 establishes grade-appropriate curricula guidelines to teach firearm safety to students of all ages. It is based on NRA’s Eddie Eagle GunSafe® program and the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism’s existing Hunter Education In Our Schools.
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
SB 116 enables firearm safety education to help promote responsible gun ownership by teaching students to be aware of the potential dangers of firearms. Learning about firearms and safety can reduce fear and misunderstanding among students. Please forward this to your family and friends, and ask them to also contact the committee members to request support for Senate Bill 116.
Stay tuned to your inbox and www.nraila.org for updates.
Article by NRA-ILA