Los Angeles Requires Contractors to Disclose NRA Ties
How much does California hate gun rights? Enough that the Los Angeles City Council unanimously approved a motion requiring that all contractors disclose their ties to the National Rifle Association when bidding on work.
“For the sake of transparency, the city’s residents and stakeholders deserve to know how the city’s public funds are being spent, and whether taxpayer funds are being spent on contractors that have contractual or sponsorship ties with the NRA,” the motion, written by Councilman Mitch O’Farrell, says.
Well, we can say this for “transparency.” Tell us that’s not opening the door to blatant discrimination against any contractor who believes in the Second Amendment. Sure, the council says it is not outright banning people who have ties to the NRA from doing contract work, but why even ask? It’s not like one’s position on gun rights has a direct bearing on how well they’ll carry out their end of the bargain in any contract. Rather, it’s just another example of government overreach.
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
Article posted courtesy of America’s First Freedom.