New For 2023: Glock 47 MOS
In 2019, the United States Customs & Border Protection agency announced that it had adopted the as-yet-unknown Glock 47 as one of its official issue sidearms. The design used the same frame as the crossover G45, which featured a full-size frame with a compact G19-length slide, but the G47 incorporated a full-size slide, making it the same length as Glock’s popular G17. Now, for 2023, Glock is making the unique G47 MOS available to the consumer market.
Similar in size and construction to the G17, the G47 differs dimensionally only in that it has a shortened dustcover compared to that of the G17. Because of its unique crossover design, the G47 provides a level of flexibility and modularity not seen before in Glock’s handgun lineup. The G47 frame is capable of accepting a G19 slide, and the G47’s slide will fit onto a G19 frame, enabling users to mix and match slide lengths and frame heights for their preferred configuration.
Additionally, the G47 is outfitted with Glock’s Modular Optic System (MOS), which uses a milled slide compatible with a number of adapter plates that accommodate most of today’s micro red-dot sights. Chambered in 9 mm Luger, the Glock 47 MOS has a standard magazine capacity of 17 rounds and is equipped with a 4.49″ barrel. Unloaded, the gun weighs 25.9 ozs. The pistol measures 7.9″ long, 5.5″ high and 1.3″ wide. Suggested retail pricing on the G47 is $620. For more information, visit us.glock.com.
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
Article by AMERICAN RIFLEMAN STAFF