NY SAFE Act Leads to Confiscation of Innocent Man’s Guns
Would you like to read about another example of conservatives being proven right about the negative effects of leftwing laws?
This one comes from the fascist Empire State, where conservatives worried that the Democrat-forced SAFE Act could lead to the end of 2nd Amendment rights and the confiscation of firearms from innocent Americans.
Lo, and behold… that is exactly what is happening.
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
Earlier this year, retired 70-year old Vietnam Veteran, Don Hall was watching TV in his home late in the evening when he was surprised by flashing police lights in his driveway.
Mr. Hall walked out of his home and met some local county deputies as they exited their vehicles. The deputies then served Hall with a notice that said, due to mental illness the police would be confiscating his firearms.
Mr. Hall told the officers that he did not have a history of mental illness and that there must be some mistake. The officers replied that they had a job to do and so, that evening, they left with six guns – two handguns and four long guns.
Breitbart explains what happened next:
Hall hired an attorney, who advised Hall that he would have to prove that he was not the Don Hall with mental issues. In other words, he was not the Don Hall authorities were seeking. Hall “secured affidavits from local hospitals to prove he hadn’t been recently treated,” and, over a period of time, “his lawyer convinced a judge that authorities had him confused with someone else who had sought care and that his weapons should never have been seized.”
A county judge agreed that a mistake had been made and ordered the return of Hall’s firearms. They believe Hall was misidentified when someone with a similar name was reported.
Hall and his attorney blame the gun controls contained in the 2013 SAFE Act, which was passed in the wake of the heinous attack on Sandy Hook Elementary School. One of the controls in the Act was a new reporting requirement for “health providers.”
However, local authorities aren’t sure it was the SAFE Act that triggered the unlawful seizure of Mr. Hall’s guns. You see, New York has so many draconian gun laws that it’s hard for anyone to know what’s actually going on. Even the bureaucrats can’t seem to keep up with which of their many ridiculous laws are wreaking havoc in their communities.
While Hall might not know for sure what law triggered the police to show up at his door and strip him of his constitutional rights, he does know one thing for sure… the law is messed up.
“I was guilty until I could prove myself innocent,” Hall said. “They don’t tell you why or what you supposedly did. It was just a bad screw-up.”
Mr. Hall’s lawyer, John Panzone, agreed with his client and found himself flustered at the way the state handles gun confiscation. “I’m surprised it sailed through the way it did with a man who has a spotless record,” the lawyer said. “To me, presumption of innocence is the foundation of our system, and this provision doesn’t allow for that.”
There were two major problems with what happened in this situation:
- The first is self-evident. The 2nd Amendment is constantly being undermined by the radical, anti-gun, anti-freedom left. Leftwing statists are consistently working to pass unconstitutional laws that will disarm their citizens and give more power to the state. Think of it, if the state can hand you a paper that says they can strip you of one of your RIGHTS without due process, do you really think they’ll stop with your guns? It gives the state carte-blanche power to strip you of whatever rights they see fit to take from you. It’s immoral, it’s unjust, and it flies in the face of our Constitution.
- The second is pointed out by Hall and his lawyer. Leftists have flipped our system of justice and law upside-down. Our system was designed to protect citizens from the state, so if the state wanted to punish a citizen they’d have to PROVE in a court of law that the citizen had clearly done something wrong. None of the burden was on the citizen, all of it was on the state. Today, in left-wing America, law abiding citizens are “guilty until they prove themselves innocent” and the state’s judgment cannot be questioned unless you have overwhelming proof. It’s immoral, it’s unjust, and it too flies in the face of our Constitution.
Folks, we cannot allow such disturbing anti-American activity to continue. We must fight back.
In #NewYork Deputies confiscate a veteran's guns. They were wrong. #2A https://t.co/QnHoOcMbYb
— NRA (@NRA) July 31, 2017
You can read more about Mr. Hall’s frustrating odyssey at Syracuse.com where the local media has an in-depth run down into everything that went wrong and all of the work Mr. Hall had to do to fix the state’s mistake.
Article posted with permission from Constitution.com. Article by Onan Coca.