South Carolina: Open Carry Bill Committee Hearing Moved to Next Week
On March 2nd, the House Judiciary Committee will hear House Bill 3094, to legalize the open carry of handguns. It is being rescheduled from the February 23rd hearing. Previously, on February 10th, the General Laws Subcommittee issued a favorable report to HB 3094 and advanced it to the full committee.
House Bill 3094 allows citizens who hold a concealed weapons permit to carry a handgun in the manner they choose. Currently, South Carolina is one of just five states that do not explicitly allow open carry, among them Illinois, New York, and California. Self-defense situations are difficult to predict and everyone has different circumstances. It is unreasonable for the law to impose a one-size-fits-all method of carrying a handgun for self-defense.
NRA will keep you updated on this bill and others affecting our Second Amendment rights in South Carolina. Please stay tuned to www.nraila.org, and your email inbox.
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
Article by NRA-ILA