Video: 50 Years of the Ruger 10/22 Rifle
Article first appeared at American Rifleman.
The Ruger 10/22 rifle, which celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014, remains one of the most ubiquitous rifles extant with dozens of variations and endless possibilities for customization.
In his Nov. 2014 American Rifleman feature story, Brian Sheetz wrote that, “according to current company sources, the 10/22 was far from Bill Ruger’s favorite gun. He thought of it more as an understudy for the .44 Mag. Carbine. But when the gun-buying public first laid eyes on the little rimfire it was rewarded with the sight of a firearm that was, on the outside, aesthetically pleasing and comfortably traditional in form. For readers of The American Rifleman who saw the magazine’s Sept. 1964 “Dope Bag” review, however, it was obvious that the gun was just as brilliantly innovative on the inside where it really counted. It seemed that Ruger had managed to do something that is rarely carried off in a commercially successful way even today: Wrap an ingenious design in a classic form, make it function flawlessly and manufacture it with economical processes so that it is available to people of ordinary means.”
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
The 10/22 remains one of the mostly popular rifles today, and is listed as one ofGunbroker.com’s top-selling guns. For more, watch this “I Have This Old Gun” segment from a recent episode of American Rifleman TV as editors look back on 50 years of the Ruger 10/22 rifle.
For more, please enjoy the following articles:
Ruger’s 10/22: One of the Best Things for 50 Years
Throwback Thursday: Ruger Model 10/22 Carbine–Sept. 1964 The American Rifleman
Ruger Commemorates 50 Years of the 10/22 With Anniversary Edition
Gunbroker.com’s Top Selling Guns for Dec. 2015
Five Stocks to Spice Up Your Ruger 10/22
Dress Up Your Ruger 10/22 Takedown Rifle
The Ruger 10/22 Takedown: World’s Best Survival Gun?