WILL BIDEN’S DHS NOMINEE USE GOVERNMENT POWER TO GO AFTER GUN OWNERS?
Perhaps it is only appropriate that Joe Biden’s most divisive and inappropriate policies be administered by one of his most divisive and inappropriate nominees.
We are talking about Alejandro Mayorkas, who was nominated by President Biden to head the Department of Homeland Security.
Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) sent a letter to his fellow colleagues this week stating that Mayorkas has a “history of scandal” and a “repeated disregard for the rule of law.”
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
Sen. Cruz says that in addition to being the focus of the damning Inspector General report from 2015, Mayorkas was cited in a 2002 report by the House Committee of Government Reform which concluded that Mayorkas was guilty of “abusing his office.”
In fact, Sen. Cruz indicates that Mayorkas is so corrupt and so far to the Left, that when he was nominated to be the Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security “not a single Republican voted for his confirmation.”
That’s a rare occurrence for Republicans. Why such unity against Mayorkas?
For starters, Mayorkas has made it clear that America’s borders will cease to exist under his tenure. He plans to give citizenship to more than 11 million illegal aliens, who according to a Pew Poll, would vote for anti-gun Leftists by an 8-1 margin.
The Mayorkas Threat for Gun Owners
Mayorkas will shift his attention from guarding America’s borders to cracking down on “right-wing extremists.” And we know from the Obama administration that this means targeting millions of peaceful Americans who believe in the right to keep and bear arms.
Senators asked Mayorkas about the problems with so-called “right-wing extremists” during his confirmation hearings. He answered that, “The threat of domestic extremism is one of the greatest threats the Department of Homeland Security confronts, and it has unique capabilities in confronting it.”
Indeed, DHS does have unique capabilities to tar and feather those whom the anti-gun Left thinks are “right-wing extremists.” We’ve seen this movie before, and we know how it ends.
In March of 2009, when Mayorkas was a Director at the Department of Homeland Security, the single worst report that has ever been produced by Obama’s DHS was released. It was entitled “Rightwing Extremism.”
Specifically, the report targeted military veterans, gun owners, and other conservative Americans as “right wing extremists.” The report claimed:
- That these alleged “rightwing extremists” are concerned about “[t]he possible passage of new restrictions on firearms and the return of military veterans … [with] combat skills and experience … facing significant challenges reintegrating”; and,
- That “[t]he high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by rightwing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement.”
- Finally, the report attacks those who are in “opposition to gun control efforts,” who have “perceived government infringement on civil liberties,” who oppose a “New World Order,” who are “preppers” and who “stockpile food, ammunition, and weapons.”
While the report was eventually withdrawn after tremendous criticism, one has to wonder: Has Mayorkas distanced himself from this very bigoted and prejudiced ideas in this report? Has he given any indication that his Department will NOT target groups like Gun Owners of America and their supporters?
Given this Leftist’s promise to go after “domestic terrorism,” one wonders if this anti-gun Leftist will use taxpayer dollars taint and target law-abiding gun owners.
According to Senator Cruz, Mayorkas has made “no indication that he will oppose any aspect of the Biden administration’s radical [policies].”
So until Mayorkas distances himself from that 2009 report, gun owners should urge their Senators to oppose this Biden nominee using the form above.
Article by Michael Hammond