First Look: Hornady Security Fireproof Keypad Safe
The new Hornady Security Fireproof Keypad Safe is designed for homeowners who own more than one or two handguns but don’t have the room for a full-sized gun safe. The Fireproof Keypad Safe provides the robust security and flexible storage for firearms, documents or other essential items from theft, misuse and fire they need, without taking up as much space around the home.
Fireproof Keypad Safe Features:
- Heavy-duty 16-gauge steel body construction and extra-thick 8-gauge steel door
- Electronic lock (programmable) with key backup
- Four 1-inch locking lugs for extreme pry resistance
- Interior light automatically illuminates when opening the safe
- Fireproof rating of 30 minutes up to 1,400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Removable interior shelf allows flexible and secure storage
- Protective carpet interior safeguards contents from damage
- Durable black powder-coat finish
- LED visual low-battery warning light
- Includes concrete-anchor bolts for mounting
Just like other Hornady Security products, the Fireproof Keypad Safe is tough and highly resistant to attacks. The safe is built with a powder-coated, heavy-duty, 16-gauge steel body and a double-thick 8-gauge steel door, and the flush-mounted door is equipped with four 1-inch diameter locking lugs to help thwart unauthorized access.
The safe has a battery-operated programmable electronic lock and discrete keyed backup for quick access to your valuables. The illuminated keypad you to open the safe anytime, even in complete darkness, and an integrated interior LED automatically lights up the interior. The adjustable shelf and interior are covered in a protective carpet offering flexible storage configurations while still protecting the contents of the safe from damage.
The Fireproof Keypad Safe weighs 49 pounds and can be installed almost anywhere in the home, and it comes with concrete-anchor bolts for permanent mounting and enhanced security. The safe also protects contents for 30 minutes at up to 1,400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Fireproof Keypad Safe Specifications:
- Locks: Electronic keypad with keyed backup
- Exterior Dimensions: 12 inches x 15 inches x 16.5 inches
- Interior Dimensions: 10.2 inches x 13.2 inches x 15 inches
- Weight: 49 pounds
MSRP for the Fireproof Keypad Safe is $252.99, and more information on this safe or other products from Hornady Security, please visit hornady.com.
Article by SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED STAFF