First Look: Marlin Model 1895 Trapper Lever Action Rifle
New from Marlin is the Model 1895 Trapper lever-action rifle, chambered in .45-70 Government. The receiver, lever and trigger guard plate are CNC machined from 416 stainless steel forgings, while the barrel is made of 410 stainless steel and is cold hammer-forged, a process which results in ultra-precise rifling for exceptional accuracy and longevity.
The barrel is also threaded, with a 11/16 inch-24 pattern to accommodate a muzzle brake or other barrel accessories. The rifle ships with a factory-installed thread protector, allowing you to add the muzzle of your choice later on.
The adjustable Skinner Sights include a receiver-mounted peep sight that is perfect for rapid target acquisition, while the five round tubular magazine has a loading gate located on the receiver. There is a soft-rubber buttpad that effectively absorbs recoil, and the stainless steel components have a satin, non-shiny finish. The gun features a positive, push-button, cross-bolt manual safety and traditional half-cock hammer and reliably feeds a wide range of .45-70 Government factory ammunition and bullet types.
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Build Your Own Food Forest & Save 5% With Promo Code TIMBROWN
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
- Save Up To 66% Off MyPillow with Promo Code TIMBROWN
The buttstock and fore-end are built from a durable, laminate so they remain dimensionally stable and are checkered to provide an excellent grip in all sorts of varying weather conditions. The fore-end is slimmed-down for an attractive look and comfortable feel, and the spiral-fluted, nickel-plated bolt aids smooth cycling. There is an oversized lever loop that provides plenty of clearance for operation with heavy gloves. The rifle also features sling swivel studs and an offset hammer spur.
Model 1895 Trapper Specifications
- Caliber: .45-70 Government
- Capacity: 5 rounds
- Stock: Black laminate
- Material: Stainless steel
- Finish: Satin
- Front Sight: Skinner Sights blade
- Rear Sight: Skinner Sights adjustable
- Weight: 7 pounds, 2 ounces
- Overall Length: 34.25 inches
- Length of Pull: 13.38 inches
- Barrel Length: 16.10 inches
- Thread Pattern: 11/16 inch-24 tpi
- Thread Cap: Match-polished
- Barrel: Cold-hammer-forged stainless steel
- Twist: 1:20-inch RH
- Grooves: 6
MSRP for the Model 1895 Trapper is $1,349, and more information on this rifle as well as other products from Marlin is available at marlinfirearms.com.
Article by SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED STAFF