Windham Weaponry Announces Business Shutdown
On Sept. 12, 2023, Windham Weaponry stopped taking orders through its distributors, network of retailers and on its website in preparation for closing the business and liquidating its assets. The company will fulfill any orders placed on or before then, and credit cards will not be charged until the item or items are shipped.
A notice on the famed firm’s website explains, “It is with deep regret that we announce the closing of Windham Weaponry … Twelve years ago, when we started Windham Weaponry, our shareholders and longtime employees were excited to continue the traditions and spirit of Bushmaster Firearms, after the new owners decided to leave Maine. We built WW into a company we could be proud of providing outstanding customer service, high-quality products, as well as a great place for our dedicated employees to work. The last few years have been a very challenging time for the firearms industry, and we have struggled to keep the WW dream alive for as long as possible. Unfortunately, we have not been able to meet our loan obligations with the bank after they worked with us as much as they could.”
Subsequent negotiations with an investor fell through, leaving the firm with no other option but to enter into, “… discussions with Keenan Auction Company to determine the best course of action for a full liquidation which should happen within the next month or so,” according to the webpage.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
The history and expertise assembled at Windham Weaponry dates back to 1976, when Richard Dyke purchased a small firearm company in Bangor, Maine. By 1978, operations moved to Windham, Maine, and the Bushmaster Firearms legend was born.
Cerebus Capital Management purchased the firm in 2006, swept it under a corporate umbrella that included many the firearm industry’s legendary companies and moved operations to New York in 2011. At about the same time, Dyke’s no-compete clause in the sale agreement expired, so he opened Windham Weaponry in Windham, Maine. Roughly 70 of the experienced gunmakers he employed beforehand went back to work for him.
“Our shareholders and employees truly appreciate your loyal support all of these years,” the website reads.
Article by GUY J. SAGI