You Won’t Believe What Honolulu Police Did to Waste $575,000 to “Keep Guns off the Streets”
The anti-gun crowd has always been steeped in the notion that guns are the biggest cause of violent crime. But if you apply that idea to the real world, you’ll probably wind up with some pretty stupid results. In a recent case however, the stupidity didn’t come in the form of disarming law abiding citizens, but rather, a colossal waste of money.
The Honolulu Police Department recently upgraded from the Smith & Wesson 9 mm to the Glock 17, because the Glocks are apparently cheaper and weigh less. So what will they do with all 2,300 of their old guns, 200 of which are still brand new in the box? You’d think they would sell them right? That’s what most police departments do with old equipment. But no, in this case they’re going to destroy all of them. A spokeswoman for the police department told Fox News that “Mayor Kirk Caldwell and the Honolulu Police Department agreed that they would not allow the guns to be sold to the general public and end up on the streets of Honolulu.”
Altogether, the weapons are valued at $575,000. That’s over a half a million dollars of tax payer money that is going to be flushed down the toilet, because apparently, the tax payers themselves can’t be trusted to own a pistol. If the Honolulu PD is willing to burn this much money just to keep a few guns away from law abiding citizens, then current gun owning residents of Honolulu should be deeply concerned about the future of their rights.
- Activate Your Own Stem Cells & Reverse The Aging Process - Choose "Select & Save" OR Join, Brand Partner & Select Silver To Get Wholesale Prices
- Get your Vitamin B17 & Get 10% Off With Promo Code TIM
- How To Protect Yourself From 5G, EMF & RF Radiation
- Protect Your Income & Retirement Assets With Gold & Silver
- Grab This Bucket Of Heirloom Seeds & Get Free Shipping With Promo Code TIM
- Here’s A Way You Can Stockpile Food For The Future
- Stockpile Your Ammo & Save $15 On Your First Order
- Preparing Also Means Detoxifying – Here’s One Simple Way To Detoxify
*Article by Joshua Krause